South Mountain Memory Care is designed for comfort - comfort in the layout, accommodations and home-like feel of the neighborhood kitchen and family room, as well as comfort in the delivery of care. The community's design is intentionally created to promote excellent care in both assisting residents hands on as well as the workflow and layout for job function. The design also supports the quality of life of residents with large private suites and bathrooms, and cozy common areas for group activities.
Community features include:
Twenty-four spacious private rooms with private bathrooms. Each room has a window and the entire building is replete with natural light. Natural light is important for the overall temperament of residents and to combat issues like sundowning, the confusing of day and night.
The community is divided into two, 12-room neighborhoods (wings of the building) each complete with a family room and quaint dining area and kitchen. Of the 12 suites in each neighbored, 10 suites are private and 2 suites are semi-private. Each neighborhood is reminiscent of a home. The two small wings allow for enhanced individual care for each residents in their activities of daily living including dressing, bathing, toileting and assistance in their rooms. It also promotes quality care in small group activities like dining, crafts, and other leisurely activities. Studies show that having smaller groups and low staff to resident ratios promotes resident engagement and decreases the likelihood of a resident being agitated.
The community also includes:
- Large secure outdoor patio for sitting and activities.
- Large community activity room to be used for group activities and meetings.
- The activity room will have an aquarium. Each wing will also have an aviary. Studies show that having animals and life incorporated into a memory care community like fishes and birds, promotes tranquility and positive energy among the residents.
- Beauty salon
- Well appointed interior with decorative custom millwork and modern furnishings and fixtures. Generous natural light and supplemental lighting. Furniture selected that is safe for residents with cognitive issues.
- High quality wood plank vinyl floor and carpeting to help distinguish areas and provide solid footing throughout the building.
South Mountain Memory Care is located in the charming Emmaus neighborhoods at the base of South Mountain. The physical location and outdoor surroundings will make residents feel at home.