Alzheimer’s and dementia profoundly affect families, and need to be addressed delicately. The individual living with cognitive impairment needs special care in all facets of life. Similarly, the physical and emotional effects on the caregiver and other loved ones is difficult. For these reasons South Mountain Memory Care Community will have a holistic approach to resident care, staff training, amenities, programming and incorporating the needs and thoughts of families.
Memory care celebrates the life that remains and cherishes the memories that were made.
As more is learned about dementia each day best practices evolve in memory care. South Mountain Memory Care will have a strong commitment to proven strategies and best practices in resident care.
For answers to frequently asked questions about Alzheimer's disease and dementia click here.
For more information and individual diagnosis for Alzheimer’s Disease and dementia in the Lehigh Valley, contact:
Fleming Memory Center (Lehigh Valley Hospital Network)
17th & Chew
Allentown Pennsylvania, 18105
St. Luke’s University Health Network (Center for Positive Aging)
St. Luke's North
153 Brodhead Road
Bethlehem, PA 18017
Alzheimer’s Association Caregiver Support Groups in the Greater Lehigh Valley
The Alzheimer’s Association Delaware Valley Chapter offers regularly scheduled gathering for caregivers, family and friends of individuals with a diagnosis of Alzheimer’s disease or a related disorder. Caregiver support groups enable people to discuss best practices and offer supportive listening. Support groups meet once per month unless otherwise listed and are facilitated by trained volunteers.
- 1st Thursday @ 11am, Arden Courts, 5151 Hamilton Boulevard Allentown, PA 18106
- 3rd Saturday @ 3:15pm, Country Meadows Building 3 Fitness Room 440 N. Krocks Road Allentown, PA 18106
- 3rd Wednesday @ 6:30pm, Luther Crest Senior Living Community, 800 Hausman Road Allentown, PA 18104
- 3rd Wednesday @ 3pm, Phoebe Terrace 1925 Turner Street Allentown, PA 18104
- 1st Wednesday @ 10:30am, Sarah Care Adult Day Care 7010 Snow Drift Road Room 100, Allentown, PA 18106
- 3rd Thursday @ 4:30 pm, Westminster Village, 2156 Hanover Street, Allentown, PA 18109
2nd Monday @ 6pm, Woodland Terrace at the Oaks, 1263 South Cedar Crest Blvd., Allentown, PA 18103
- Richlandtown, 3rd Thursday @ 3:30pm, Phoebe Richland Healthcare Center, 108 S. Main Street Richlandtown, PA 18955
- 1st Thursday @ 7pm, Richard Friends Meeting House Mill Road and Main Street Quakertown, PA 18951, Specialized: Frontal Temporal
- Last Thursday @ 4pm, Hidden Meadows on the Ridge 340 Farmers Lane, Sellersville, PA 18960
- 1st Thursday @ 6:00 pm, Saucon Valley Manor, 1050 Main Street, Hellertown, PA
- 1st Thursday @ 6:00 pm, Whitehall Manor, 1177 6th Street, Whitehall, PA 18052 18035